From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Forgotten root password on remote system
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:28:05
1 Wow! That was decent of them. Is it a dedicated server or a colo ?
2
3 John D
4
5 -----Original Message-----
6 From: Grant [mailto:emailgrant@×××××.com]
7 Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 4:57 PM
8 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
9 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Forgotten root password on remote system
10
11 > Grant~
12 > I had the same thing happen to me on one of our dedi servers. I called
13 the
14 > isp and they had a way of recovering the password, although it cost me $75
15 > to get it done. Basically, they told me that it's a sophisticated 'hack'
16 > into the machine to get it back. If there's another way, I'd also be very
17 > interested in knowing what it is.
18 >
19 > John D
20
21 Booyah, thanks John. LayeredTech.com hooked it up without charge.
22
23 - Grant
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list