From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] In X: <up> wants to "save screenshot". How do I stop this?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 17:29:10
1 Hello, Paul.
2
3 On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 05:30:50PM -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
4 > On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
5 > > Hi, Gentoo!
6
7 > > Just this past hour, I've noticed that in Gnome 2, any depression of
8 > > <up> wants to create a .png image of my current desktop.  This is
9 > > regardless of which application is currently active.  This is
10 > > particularly irritating in Firefox, where I want <up> to scroll the
11 > > screen.
12
13 > > I suspect this might have been caused by a recent update to the ?event
14 > > library (I can't remember exactly what this was).
15
16 > > I hate it when people do "clever" things like this.  How can I make it
17 > > stop?
18
19 > I would downgrade to previous version of the evdev driver and see if
20 > it helps.
21
22 I do
23 emerge =dev-libs/libevent-2.0.16
24 and restart X windows. Everything now works properly. (The recently
25 emerged libevent was 2.0.18.)
26
27 > Or disable/change the shortcut for print screen as a
28 > temporary workaround.
29
30 I tried this (in Gnome 2) with System/Preferences/Keyboard
31 Shortcuts/Desktop/Take a screenshot. It was set to <Print> and I left
32 it there.
33
34 Similarly, "Take a screenshot of a window" was set to <Alt+Print>.
35 Typing <Alt+up> triggered this.
36
37 I think there's something wrong with libevent-2.0.18. Does anybody get
38 problems in KDE or XFCE?
41 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).