From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ripping my hair out with audio over hdmi
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 16:20:54
1 On 09/03/2011 15:25, Vizo Allman wrote:
2 > This is what I have to get hdmi audio out on my zotac ion board
3 > in the .asoundrc of the acoount I am playing audio from I put
4 >
5 > pcm.!default {
6 > type plug
7 > slave.pcm "hdmi"
8 > }
9 >
10 > without that I get no sound from hdmi
11
12 Hi Vizo,
13
14 Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have tried that one and I still
15 don't get any sound :( I have tried many things in my asound.conf and
16 I'm still not there yet.
17
18 Just out of interest, Mythbuntu LiveCD, exactly the same as gentoo,
19 looks good but silent. However I've also tried an XBMC livecd and the
20 HDMI audio works with 30 seconds of config.
21
22 So the hardware is ok, but there is something critial I am missing. I've
23 asked on the mythtv-users list too but no replies yet.
24
25 Thanks