From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CHOST='i486-pc-linux-gnu' ?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 06:39:26
1 El Lun, 2 de Febrero de 2009, 7:12, Grant escribió:
2 >> But that's the lesser of your problems. If you really meant
3 >> to install a 64 bits Gentoo, and your make.conf has that CHOST line, that
4 >> means that you chose the wrong stage3 file, and maybe also the wrong
5 >> livecd. You need a 64 bits livecd and a 64 bits stage3.
8 > It's a 32-bit CPU. I'm just confused as to why it doesn't qualify as
9 > a 686 instead of 486.
10
11 It does qualify as 686. Anything from pentium pro and above (if
12 my memory serves correctly) does qualify as i686. Of course, previous
13 arches up to i386 will work as well, since the new ones are all
14 supersets of the original i386 instructions set.
15
16 So, you could use either. But i686 will be more optimal.
17
18 However, make sure you check the guide if you plan to change
19 the CHOST. It's not just as straight as changing it on your
20 make.conf
21
22 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml
25 Jesús Guerrero