From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video plays past end of time it shows
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 18:49:05
1 Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > On 26/8/21 1:45 am, Dale wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I have a video that does something weird.  The video plays about 6
6 >> minutes or so past the length it should.  During that extended time, you
7 >> can't fast forward, pause or anything either.  I've ran into this a
8 >> couple times with my deer camera and thought it odd but didn't worry
9 >> about it.  My question is, can this be fixed somehow?  Can I get mplayer
10 >> or something to process the file and adjust the time it thinks the video
11 >> is to what it actually is?
12 >>
13 >> Bonus, how in the world did it get that way?
14 >>
15 >> Thanks.
16 >>
17 >> Dale
18 >>
19 >> :-)  :-)
20 >>
21 >     Seen the same sort of behaviour in vid's "liberated" from youtube
22 > using youtube-dl. I can't remember if I found the problem. What format
23 > are you using? For example mkv has mkvalidator which will check the
24 > integrity and I thing mkvclean to fix errors etc.
25 >
26 >     Andrew
31 It started with .rar files.  See reply to other Andrew.  ;-)  I figured
32 out, with googles help, how to unpack them and got a nice .avi file.  It
33 just gets weird at the end.
34
35 Dale
36