From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kactivitymanagerd endless update loop
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 16:42:49
Hi,

my system is still KDE 4 with the help of kde-sunset. However, I face an
endless loop installing kactivitymanagerd. The package has been in group
kde-base for KDE 4 and so it is in kde-sunset. However in central portage
tree it has been moved to group kde-plasma.

The annoying part is now, that portage is constantly moving with each sync
the installed kde-base/kactivitymanagerd-4.13.3-r1 into group kde-plasma
with the result that portage tries to install kde-
base/kactivitymanagerd-4.13.3-r1 as new package. Which fails, because
portage detects that some install files already exist.

So I have to uninstall kde-plasma/kactivitymanagerd-4.13.3-r1 and let
portage install again kde-base/kactivitymanagerd-4.13.3-r1 until the next
sync.

How can I stop portage from moving the package into another group?

Cheers,
Jörg