From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] question/feature request: First fetch, then compile...
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:43:32
1 On 17/12/2014 10:41, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> [14-12-17 09:24]:
3 >> On 17/12/2014 09:45, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
4 >>> On 12/17/2014 06:48:55 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
5 >>> ....
6 >>>> Is it possible, to do ONE call to emerge, which asks (according
7 >>>> to option -a, if set ) and given a yes first fetches ALL necessary
8 >>>> files and data and compiles then everything?
9 >>>>
10 >>>
11 >>> With some manual operations:
12 >>>
13 >>> Capture the output of emerge -vp ....
14 >>> Edit it to call
15 >>> ebuild <full patch to <package>.ebuild> fetch
16 >>> for each package.
17 >>>
18 >>> Then issue emerge without -p
21 >> Way too complicated.
22 >>
23 >> emerge -pvuND world
24 >>
25 >> check list, ensure everything is OK, etc etc. Then
26 >>
27 >> emerge -vunDf world
28 >> emerge -vuND world
29 >>
30 >> -f only fetches, it does not compile. When it completes, switch the pc
31 >> off. The last emerge compiles and everything has been fetched (well
32 >> usually is has been fetched).
35 >> What the OP is trying to do is not really possible. Portage is designed
36 >> with an assumption in mind: the host is always connected to the internet
37 >> and can fetch whatever it needs to fetch whenever it needs to fetch it
38 >> based on what is in the ebuilds. 100% off-line operation is not part of
39 >> the spec, so the OP is always going to have to deal with occasional
40 >> emerge failures due to the host being offline
41 >>
42 >> --
43 >> Alan McKinnon
44 >> alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
48 > Hi,
49 >
50 > thanks for your replies...
51 >
52 > ...I currently do two emerges, one with -f the second
53 > without.
54 > And as merntioned in my initiao mail, I dont want it, since it implies
55 > two "Calculating dependencies" which is once too often...
56 >
57 > This was the initial reason for asking...
61 I know, but it's your only option
66 Alan McKinnon
67 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com