From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Migrate from rsync to git for emerge --sync?
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 01:18:25
1 On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 9:01 PM Matt Connell <matthewdconnell@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tue, 2021-10-12 at 21:14 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
4 > > no profile selected
5 >
6 > I'm surprised you had gotten this far without a profile selected.
7 > Maybe you had previously selected one that was deprecated at some point
8 > and removed from the list?
11 Profile selection is implemented as a symlink from
12 /etc/portage/make.profile. If you move your repository, then you need
13 to re-select the profile since the symlink will be broken.
14
15 Probably doesn't need to be a symlink, or in the repo, which is I'm
16 guessing how funtoo does mix-ins though I haven't actually checked
17 (just create a custom profile with the appropriate parent entries).
18 The Gentoo standard though is a symlink.
21 Rich