From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: LVM and the /usr Logical Volume
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:18:51
1 On 25/04/2022 14:36, dhk wrote:
2 > After reinstalling Gentoo with a new liveusb, my system still looks
3 > similar to the way it was before.  I started with the existing partition
4 > schema and wiped everything and performed a separate independent
5 > install.  I am still not sure why the /dev/dm-1 block device is mounted
6 > on /usr which is not what the fstab is instructing.
7
8 First of all, I notice you haven't said anything about /home, /opt etc.
9 Missing context is important ...
10
11 Secondly, vg0-usr is a symlink to dm-1, so I would not be suprised for
12 df to resolve it.
13
14 In fact, looking at both the output of mount, and df, on my system they
15 are inconsistent. mount tells me /dev/mapper/vg-root-lv-gentoo is
16 mounted on /, while df tells me /dev/dm-1 is mounted on /.
17
18 My guess is that anything to do with initial boot may or may not link to
19 /dev/dm-x, anything after that links to vg as you expect.
20
21 Either way it doesn't really make any difference imho.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Wol