From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking certain sites the easy way ?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 13:53:17
1 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > With wireshark I found, that firefox accesses sites on startup, from
6 > which I dont know, for what reason this access is needed or whether
7 > the NSA, CIA, FBI, BDN, MOSSAD (fill in what organisation you ever
8 > suspect to do such things) has invaded my PC.
9 >
10 > I want to block such accesses for two reasons: First is ...hmmm...
11 > to block that accesses...second is to find out what will not work
12 > than.
13 >
14 > I dont want to install and configure a complete full blown firewalled
15 > SEL-Linux thingy here and I dont want to reboot my Linux box for every
16 > new site I added. I am looking for a simple solution, which I can use
17 > without studying the history of TCP/IP and others... ;)))
18 >
19 > What can I use for this purpose?
20 >
21 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
22 > Best regards,
23 > Meino
28 Maybe net-firewall/ufw is what you are looking for. It has easy to define
29 filter rules and there also exists a graphical frontend for it
30 (net-firewall/ufw-frontends, never tested by myself).
33 Regards
34 wabe