From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} offline backups
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 18:51:44
1 >>>>>> I have several encrypted backup repositories online and I'd like to
2 >>>>>> somehow mirror that offline. I currently have about 20G of data to
3 >>>>>> back up. Any ideas? Rewritable Blu-Ray?
4 >>> It would seem that this is a backup to a backup. I think I read earlier
5 >>> that the OP already has backups but just wants more backups just in
6 >>> case. I guess one can never really have to much, I guess.
7 >>
8 >> The idea is to have an offline backup in case all of my online stuff
9 >> is infiltrated. Should I just connect a USB tape drive, USB hard
10 >> drive, or USB flash drive when I want to back up the backups? Can
11 >> tape be rewritten? If not, that may be the best choice so I can leave
12 >> it connected all the time and not worry about it being deleted.
13 >>
14 >> - Grant
18 > 'connected all the time'? You seem not to know how tape works?
21 I've never used tape before. Does it need to be disconnected or something?
22
23 - Grant