From: Matthias Krebs <matthias.krebs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unable to drive the VGA output
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:03:35
1 Am Donnerstag 24 Juni 2010, 01:14:44 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
2 > Laptop: dell E6510
3 > Gentoo: ~amd64
4 > Graphics: nvidia VVS 3100M
5 >
6 > I am unable to drive the VGA output. Symptoms include
7 >
8 > * Executing "xrandr" does not mention LVDS or VGA
9 > (and using --output VGA gives a warning that VGA doesn't exist)
10 try with default like :
11 xrandr --output default --mode 1280x1024
12
13 xrandr without options show the available resolutions, second line shows the
14 output names, like "DVI-0 connected" or "default connected". on my one box
15 with the nvidia driver i have "default connected"
16 > * Pushing Fn-F8 produces a "p" (the keycap of f8 shows in blue a picture
17 > of a laptop and a monitor) instead of showing the screen on the other
18 > display.
19 >
20 > The xorg.conf file generated by nvidia-xconfig (below) is fairly simple.
21 > I just added the module section at the end.
22 >
23 > Any help would be appreciated.
24 >
25 > allan
26 >
27 > ================================================================
28 >
29 > # nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
30 > # nvidia-xconfig: version 1.0 (buildmeister@builder58) Thu Apr 22
31 > 20:35:23 PDT 2010
32 >
33 > Section "ServerLayout"
34 > Identifier "Layout0"
35 > Screen 0 "Screen0"
36 > InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
37 > InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
38 > EndSection
39 >
40 > Section "Files"
41 > EndSection
42 >
43 > Section "InputDevice"
44 > # generated from data in "/etc/conf.d/gpm"
45 > Identifier "Mouse0"
46 > Driver "mouse"
47 > Option "Protocol"
48 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"