From: ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1980@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Manual pages (man pages) have ESC all through them when having used sudo.
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:04:38
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:48:56 +0800, ubiquitous1980 wrote:
5 >>> The root account is hardly locked if you can log into it with sudo su
6 >>> (or sudo screen) but sudo -s or sudo -i make more sense in this
7 >>> situation.
8 >>>
11 >> localhost ubiquitous1980 # passwd -l root
12 >> Password changed.
13 >> localhost ubiquitous1980 # exit
14 >> exit
15 >> ubiquitous1980@localhost ~ $ su
16 >> Password:
17 >> su: Authentication failure
18 >> ubiquitous1980@localhost ~ $ sudo su
19 >> Password:
20 >> Your account has expired; please contact your system administrator
21 >> su: User account has expired
22 >> (Ignored)
23 >> localhost ubiquitous1980 #
26 > What's your point?
30 That you stated that the root account was hardly locked if I can sudo su
31 into it. If you take me as truthful, then you can see that I have done
32 exactly that: locked the account and sudo su'ed into it. I think you
33 already knew that was possible, so I am countering the semantics of the
34 issue.