From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5.10 in portage...
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:07:01
1 At Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:33:11 +0100 David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 17 September 2008 00:50:42 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> Rather, "It is less objectionable for people who have accomplished a
5 >> very great deal and have greatly improved the computing environment
6 >> for the members of the corresponding mailing list". "Like" would not
7 >> apply as I don't know either linus or the members of this mailing
8 >> list.
9 >
10 > Ah, so it's hero-worship, then? "Linus can be obnoxious, but it's OK because
11 > he's soooooooooo cool"?
12
13 You are changing words. I said "less objectionable" you summarized it
14 as OK. You can use the term hero-worship if you choose, but it only
15 approximates what I said. But I do agree that it is true that those
16 who accomplish a lot are given greater latitude.
17
18 >> >> 2. That list is not intended for users, but for developers.
19 >> >
20 >> > Not even slightly relevant.
21 >>
22 >> Why?
23 >
24 > Because you say people will avoid software because they don't like its
25 > developers.
26
27 I never said any such thing. You are confusing my posts with someone else's.
28
29 allan