From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ftp user, local user, apache group
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 21:42:30
1 Am Freitag, 9. Oktober 2009 schrieb laurent:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Now I've setup vsftpd with local user.
5 > For exemple I log with the user laurent, I create a folder via ftp.
6 >
7 > This folder is own by laurent, so it's not exessible via apache.
8 > How could I make that, like put laurent in a apache group?
9
10 My setup is a combination of apache and pure-ftpd. My user is member of the
11 apache group, and I have set my home dir to
12
13 $ ls -ld /home/frank
14 drwxr-x--- 115 frank apache 16384 2009-10-09 22:30 frank
15
16 That way apache can enter my directory to get into ~/public_html, but other
17 users (such as guests, it's my laptop) cannot.
18
19 If I log into pure-ftpd with a local user account, it puts me into the
20 respective user's home. Anonymous logins are made for user "ftp", which is
21 set up in /home/ftp:
22
23 $ ls -ld /home/ftp
24 dr-xrwx--- 4 ftp users 4096 2009-09-19 19:45 ftp
25
26 $ ls -ld /home/ftp/incoming
27 drwxrwxr-x 2 ftp users 4096 2009-09-16 23:58 /home/ftp/incoming/
28
29 This setup allows me as the "admin user" to have control over the files in the
30 anonymous ftp root, and anonymous users may only upload stuff in the incoming
31 directory.
32
33 > I don't really know how to play with groups and user, any good tutorial
34 > on that?
35
36 Just search for it, keywords such as file permissions chown may help:
37 http://www.overclock.net/linux-unix/513350-linux-file-permissions-executables-howto.html
38 http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=chmod_squad_howto_use_linux_file_permiss
39
40 The latter is more informative on how to use groups in detail.
41 --
42 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
43 *** Quits: TITANIC (Excess Flood)