From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Still kde problems with monolithic->split
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 13:08:43
1 Hi,
2
3 some time ago I asked what to do if kde blocks kde...
4 The according HowTo (emergeing from monolithic
5 to split kde install) says one has first
6 to unmerge the old monolithic installation of
7 kde and the install the split stuff.
8
9 But regardless what I am doing...
10 emerge -C <blocking item>
11 shows me a rmoving action on my harddisc and
12 the following
13 emerge --pretend --color=n --verbose --update --deep world
14 still shows that item being blocking new stuff.
15 I think _physically_ the old stuff is rmoved but
16 from emerge's point of view it is still there.
17
18 How can I fix that problem ?
19
20 Kind regards,
21 Meino Cramer
26 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
27 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
28 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
29 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.