From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Compiling first and then installing using -K
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 19:46:57
1 On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 2:24 PM Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 17/02/2020 21:05, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > > I wouldn't use a chroot for anything at this point - anything you can
5 > > do with one you can do just as easily with a container, with more
6 > > separation. They're just as easy to set up as well - I personally use
7 > > nspawn to run my containers but I'm sure lxc is almost as simple and
8 > > of course it doesn't require running systemd.
9 >
10 > nspawn seems very nice indeed. Haven't used it before, and that's simply
11 > because I never heard of it :-) Now that I did, it looks like it's what
12 > I'll be using from now on:
13 >
14 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd-nspawn
15
16 Well, if you decide to play with it I'll offer up:
17 https://rich0gentoo.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/quick-systemd-nspawn-guide/
18
19 That, and:
20 ExecStart=/usr/bin/systemd-nspawn --quiet --keep-unit --boot
21 --link-journal=guest --directory=/path/to/container/root
22 --network-bridge=<brname>
23 KillMode=mixed
24 Type=notify
25
26 Though, if I didn't already have this recipe handy I'd be using nspawn
27 units I suppose. Oh, this does require a bridge for your networking.
28 If you're using KVM you probably already have one set up - the
29 approach is identical.
30
31 Rich