From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Stable users: libpng-1.4
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 12:19:03
1 100705 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > I had to uninstall a several dozen pkgs before revep-rebuild would work.
3 > After libpng updated, revdep-rebuild choked
4 > because emerge was unable to determine the order to rebuild packages.
5 > After 2-3 hours of unstalling, revdep rebuild finally ran
6 > and then there were several more hours of reinstalling XFCE, gtk etc.
7 > I finally got things going again, but it wasn't fun.
8
9 I always run 'r-r --pretend', make a list of what it wants to do,
10 then emerge them individually in some hopefully sensible order;
11 'r-r' is not fully accurate or efficient: eg this time with Libpng 1.4.3
12 it wanted to rebuild Xulrunner & Openoffice, neither of which was needed.
13 You avoid a lot of hassle when you avoid automating too much.
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca