From: Remy Blank <remy.blank_asps@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] x11-drivers/ati-drivers and latest kernel (stable)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:35:20
1 Has anybody had any luck with x11-drivers/ati-drivers and the latest
2 stable kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1?
3
4 I have been using the latest stable ati-drivers (8.14.13-r3) with
5 gentoo-sources-2.6.12-r10 for a few months and it has been absolutely
6 stable. Now a hal update seems to need at least 2.6.13, so I emerged and
7 built 2.6.15-r1, and rebuilt all modules for it. Well, ati-drivers
8 throws a kernel stack dump when X11 starts, so I guess there's some kind
9 of incompatibility.
10
11 Then I emerged the latest ~x86 ati-drivers (8.21.7), which seems to work
12 at first sight, but hangs when I logout. Actually, kdm starts the first
13 time, but hangs after the logout. I am still able to login by ssh,
14 though. The symptoms are pretty similar to a few bugs on b.g.o not yet
15 solved.
16
17 Any insights would be greatly appreciated (or working combinations of
18 kernel and driver versions).
19 -- Remy
22 Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list