From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error message on kde startup
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:55:38
1 Paul wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Recently I had to update about 24 packages, all went well and any config files
4 > were updated. However, I now have a problem when kde starts, I get an
5 > error-kdesktop message saying "The KDE Mediamanager is not running" In the
6 > control Centre - Service Manager under startup Services the KDED Media
7 > Manager has a status of Not Running. If I try to start it manually I just
8 > get a message saying Unable to start service.
9 >
10 > I just don't know what to try next ----- any suggestions?
11
12 Just got this last night - the problem is that the new dbus/hal changed
13 the shared library they use. revdep-rebuild should solve the problem (in
14 my case it made me rebuild kioslaves and k3b.)
18 Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
19 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
20 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list