From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd-networkd: simpler config for my network
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 21:23:03
1 Am 31.03.2014 14:39, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2 > Am 31.03.2014 14:17, schrieb Nilesh Govindrajan:
3 >> On 31-Mar-2014 5:45 pm, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>>
6 >>> Aside from all the discussions around systemd, I simply gave the new
7 >>> systemd-networkd a try.
8 >>>
9 >>> It helped me to simplify my config for my main machine where I run KVM
10 >>> for virtualization and need a network bridge:
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >> http://www.oops.co.at/en/publications/systemd-networkd-network-configuration-for-a-kvm-server
14 >>>
15 >>> Maybe someone else can make use of that as well.
16 >>>
17 >>> Stefan
18 >>>
19 >>
20 >> IMHO, tap interfaces are not required there because they get created
21 >> automatically as needed when you specify the bridge to which QEMU must
22 >> attach to. It's an overkill.
23 >
24 > So the openrc-example might be simplified? ok with me ... does anyone
25 > confirm?
26
27 Today I tried to set up a bonding between 2 physical NICs and then I
28 wanted to make a bridge on top of that to connect the VMs.
29
30 So far no success, maybe my fault, maybe not yet possible with networkd.
31
32 More tomorrow ;-)
33
34 S