From: Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: how do I kick a MAC address off my hostapd WiFi network?
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:22:41
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 >> PS. Where I live I have to pay for bandwidth (although where I currently work
4 >> I don't). So your concept of offering bandwidth for free seems somewhat
5 >> strange to me. Furthermore, I would be concerned what different people may
6 >> be using the Internet for and what trouble I could get into, for being the
7 >> registered owner of the particular public IP address. That said, I would
8 >> looove being your neighbor! :)
11 > I was wondering what would happen if someone downloaded some music
12 > illegally or some child porn? How would you prove it was them and not
13 > you? Being a good neighbor is nice but you need to be careful for sure.
14 >
15 > Just a thought.
16 >
17 > Dale
18 >
20 It all depends in what country you live in. In Canada you can
21 download/upload all the music you want legally,( we've paid for it ten
22 times over via a levy against all recording media) as for illegal
23 material, if its not on your computer, its not in your possession.
24
25 Cheers.
26 Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
27 Cranbrook, BC