From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [extremly, wildly, obscenely OT] Is there a Linux system without GNU userlands?
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:30:16
1 On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I ask it here because I really don't know where to ask it.
5 >
6 > Is there a Linux system somewhere with a *non-GNU* userland?
7 >
8 > I wonder in particular if:
9 > - there are Linux systems using the BSD userlands
10 > - there are Linux systems using completely non-standard userlands... let's
11 > say, non-Unix tools on top of a Linux kernel.
12 >
13 > Only thing I can think about is (maybe) embedded systems or things using
14 > busybox, but in the latter case just imitating gnu or bsd userlands.
15 >
16 > Not that I have a real purpose for such a bizarre beast, I'm just curious.
17 >
18 > m.
22 A while back I read something about people using a LLVM toolchain. I
23 think it still includes gcc, but it was interesting (and if I remember
24 correctly, it was attempted with gentoo). If I could just find the
25 link? ahah http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/12/1431222
26
27 Don't know if that's really what you're asking. Just ignore me
28
29 Regards
30 Dirk