From: Hendrik Greving <greving@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] asus acpi
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:24:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I get an oops using asus_acpi. I can post the output later. If I use
4 asus_acpi as a module, I get the "oops" once the first time I load the
5 module. If I "modprobe asus_acpi" again, it works(!). In case I do
6 compile asus_acpi into the kernel, I get kernel panic (I guess this
7 covers the behaviour that something fails first).
8
9 - I use a Samsung P35 Laptop
10 - my kernel is compiled for Pentium-M (tried x86 either)
11 - use 2.6.12-gentoo-r6
12
13 Again, can post the oops later (don't have it on this machine). Is this
14 a known issue (as I read a lot about acpi problems). What version works?
15 Do I have to pass module options? Please consider I'm not very familiar
16 with deep acpi module stuff.
17
18 cheers,
19 Hen