From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads up: gtk-doc-1.18 build failure...
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 15:03:58
1 On 10/23/2011 10:28 AM, pk wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > If anyone encounters issues with building gtk-doc-1.18 (needed for gimp
5 > "doc" USE flag, amongst others) you need to have the "python" flag
6 > enabled for the libxml2 package in order to build gtk-doc (the gtk-doc
7 > fails to build due to not finding libxml2 module [which I assume is a
8 > python one]). I guess this is related to the "python" USE flag removal
9 > in the profiles...
10
11 You should probably file a bug and post the build failure, your emerge
12 --info, emerge -pv gtk-doc, etc.
13
14 I tried to reproduce it here but couldn't. If gtk-doc does need libxml2
15 compiled with python support under some circumstances, it could be added
16 as a use-flag dependency.