From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] android and mtp
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 22:58:57
1 On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 10:49:42 -0200, luis jure wrote:
2
3 > BTW, i found an application that makes the external sd card (not the
4 > phone card) available as USB mass storage device:
5 >
6 > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1711009
7 >
8 > i tried it, but it only runs on rooted phones, apparently. i've had mine
9 > only two days and i haven't rooted it yet.
10
11 I tried it and soon uninstalled it. Not only does it only allow access to
12 the SD card (the internal storage can't be unmounted) but even that was
13 unreliable. Not that I've found any of the MTP implementations I've tried
14 to be 100% reliable.
15
16 I often use SFTP, it may be a little slower but I gain back the time I'd
17 spend looking for the USB cable ;-)
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
24 (Albert Einstein)