From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 bugs update
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 03:27:33
1 090929 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:04 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> The one exception is Konsole, which is a shadow of 3.5.10 ,
4 > According to changelog the KDE4 version of Konsole has added :
5
6 Quick reactions, further advice welcome :
7
8 > automatic tab titles (shows current directory) -- trivial
9 > split screen mode -- yes, mb useful, but similar to tabs
10 > performance increase on scrolling large terminals -- don't need it
11 > better profile set-up dialogs -- yes, but they still don't work properly
12 > runs all Konsole sessions from a single process -- useful for what ?
13 > can use personalized profile in embedded Konsoles -- don't need it
14 > easy SSH session bookmarking -- can't find it
15 > much improved search -- no sign of it (present in 3.5.10)
16 > real transparency -- don't need it
17 > new themes -- don't need them (I use Fluxbox)
18 > open your GUI file manager in the current directory -- trivial
19 > mouse-wheel scrolls pgms that don't naturally support it (eg Less) -- yes
20
21 So yes, a couple of small items I mt use occasionally.
22
23 > What's missing from the 3.x series ?
24
25 A much longer list of schemas, start root console, search (see above),
26 set window geometry (inside Konsole or when starting it: see my bug list).
27
28 I am hopeful the KDE devs will restore more with 4.4.1 & 4.5.1 ,
29 but it hasn't happened yet.
33 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
34 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
35 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca