From: Nils Freydank <nils.freydank@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brother Printer AMD64
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 15:29:55
1 Hi,
2
3 Am Montag, 12. März 2018, 13:54:18 CET schrieb siefke_listen@×××.de:
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I have a short question. Is it true that Brother Printer Drivers need
7 > a multilib System?
8 unfortunately yes. Maybe specific drivers will work with no-multilib, but most
9 ones will compile and install and then silently fail due to some missing 32bit
10 userspace libs they need etc.
13 > https://github.com/stefan-langenmaier/brother-overlay
14 >
15 > I found this overlay and it seem so that gcc without multilib not work.
16 >
17 > Is there a way to build the printer system as 32 bit, or does the whole
18 > system have to be built accordingly?
19 You can try to setup a chroot or container (e.g. with LXC/LXD or systemd-
20 nspawn) for it, but I these would contain a small 32bit system, too.
21
22 > Thank you & Nice Day
23 > Silvio
24
25 I hope I could help a bit,
26 Nils
30 GPG fingerprint: '00EF D31F 1B60 D5DB ADB8 31C1 C0EC E696 0E54 475B'
31 Nils Freydank