From: Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Restart network interface with systemd
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 00:57:03
1 Hello all,
2
3 I installed gnome3 few weeks ago, and had to migrate to systemd.
4 The network init scripts are working fine. But I am not sure how to
5 restart a specific interface.
6 For example in the past I used to do:
7
8 /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart
9
10 The wlan0 starts through wpa_supplicant under openrc.
11
12 I can not remember doing any modification to adopt to systemd. The
13 wpa_supplicant is not running under systemd, but wlan0 is working:
14
15 neptune ~ # systemctl status wpa_supplicant
16 wpa_supplicant.service - WPA supplicant
17 Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant.service; disabled)
18 Active: inactive (dead)
19
20 Jan 23 19:54:20 neptune systemd[1]: Collecting wpa_supplicant.service
24 I think it's because of dhcpcd, but not sure.
25 my question now, is how to stop wlan0 and start eth0 with systemd ??
26
27 Thank you.