From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Telling emerge to continue when something goes wrong
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 00:58:47
1 On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 18:15 -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > On Sunday 14 January 2007 13:22, Iván Pérez Domínguez
3 > <ivanperezdominguez@×××××.com> wrote about '[gentoo-user] Telling emerge
4 > to continue when something goes wrong':
5 > > After installing Gentoo in different machines several times, I wonder if
6 > > is there any way to tell emerge to keep installing as much as possible
7 > > even when something goes wrong.
8 >
9 > No, there's not. But, there is a way to emerge to restart either from the
10 > package where it errored out (emerge --resume), or on the next package
11 > (emerge --resume --skipfirst).
12
13 I should add that --skipfirst is sometimes "bad" because it ignores
14 dependencies. If you let emerge do it, then you could only resume
15 packages whose dependencies were satisfied.
16
17 cya,
21 When a fellow says, "It ain't the money but the principle of the thing,"
22 it's the money.
23 -- Kim Hubbard
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list