From: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage and sets
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:21:24
1 Hi,
2
3 Portage documentation:
4 http://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/doc/portage.html
5
6 Built-in sets specification file:
7 /usr/share/portage/config/sets.conf
8
9 For KDE sets, check the sets directory in the kde-testing overlay:
10 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde.git;a=tree
11
12 User sets are specified in the /etc/portage/sets.conf file (doesn't
13 exist by default).
14
15 AllenJB
18 Dale wrote:
19 > Hi
20 >
21 > I'm wanting to experiment a little with the new sets feature of
22 > portage. I have searched around the forums, even looked at gentoo wiki
23 > and read a few man pages. I can not find a good link to a how to for
24 > sets. I would like to have a couple things if someone has them. 1) a
25 > link to a good how to. 2) could someone send me a copy of a sets file
26 > for something like KDE or something. Just something I can use for a
27 > template if you would.
28 >
29 > Thanks much. Oh, yea, I may be about to break something. I got my
30 > backups up to date tho. o_O
31 >
32 > Dale
33 >