From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two things about portage
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:45:53
1 On Thursday 15 January 2015 17:27:29 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > > Secondly, today's sync fetched thirty thousand files, nearly all in
3 > > metadata, yet nothing needed upgrading. Is this caused by careless
4 > > editing? I've noticed before that sed /g alters the time stamp of all
5 > > files it looks in, regardless of whether it changes anything.
6 >
7 > Most likely an eclass used by many packages was changed. That leads to
8 > metadata regeneration for all these packages.
9 >
10 > This is a good candidate:
11 >
12 > 14 Jan 2015; Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> eutils.eclass:
13 > prune_libtool_files: properly reset variables for following loop
14 > iterations.
15
16 I see what you mean - thanks for the explanation.
19 Rgds
20 Peter.