From: Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG reiserfs problem
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 16:39:41
1 > This becomes a philosophical question but, shouldn't computers (hw and
2 > sw) be thought to resist hard power outages as much as possible?
3 > If UPS systems are the only feasible way to obtain it, why no one
4 > thought to somehow include them inside desktop systems?
5
6 I'm sure that they're out there but not in most applications. It's all
7 about smaller and lighter now adays with electronics, but you could
8 probably find a PSU and a UPS combined somewhere; not sure how big it
9 would be or if it would fit within the ATX formfactor for desktop
10 systems, though. Now, mounting something off the back of the case is
11 another story...
12
13 I'm getting too creative right now so I'll just stop :)
16 Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>