From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnupg fails to decrypt on kmail
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:12:28
1 On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:31:34AM +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > Since invoking gpg on the CLI does not ask for a passphrase and it returns:
3 >
4 > gpg: problem with the agent: No pinentry
5 >
6 > I assume that the problem is with pinentry. Is there some other
7 > application involved here that I should look into?
8
9 Hum, also, try getting some debug output from gpg-agent:
10
11 (1) 'killall gpg-agent' (and run ps aux to see if they are really
12 killed)
13 (2) Restart gpg-agent via
14
15 eval 'gpg-agent --daemon --no-detach --debug-level guru --log-file ~/gpg-agent.log'
16 (3) Run gpg.
17
18 Look at the content of ~/gpg-agent.log to see if anything is amiss.
19
20 HTH,
21
22 W
23 --
24 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
25 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
26 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton