From: JC D <mail2jcdx@×××××.de>
To: user gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] dual boot system - backup with rsync
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:50:37
1 Hi!
2
3 I am trying to make a backup with rsync on a external USB drive. I have to reinstall my Windows and for good reasons I want to save my Gentoo! I have to things I am not sure how to handle. First, how do I get the backup back on my laptop? I did not found an appropriate example how to do this with a LiveCD and rsync. I have a /boot partition and a /root -partition that I want to have back on place.
4
5 And second what do I have backup from my present windows (boot.ini ,...)
6 I am really unsure how I get the bootloader back to work ;)
7
8 If someone has experience with backup and restore of a dual boot system please give me an advice.
9
10 Thank you!
14 Der neue Internet Explorer 7 in deutscher Ausführung ist da!