From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help running fsck on reiserfs lvm /var on production server?
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 14:43:56
1 On 2013-06-09 3:45 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm not convinced a power outage broke the fs so that you now can't
3 > umount it, I'm having a hard time imaging how that would happen. More
4 > likely some other script file elsewhere is damaged and leaves files open
5 > when the system wants to umount /var.
6
7 Hmmm....
8
9 Admittedly, I don't reboot this system often, so maybe I'm
10 misremembering when the problem crept in.
11
12 Could it be the NFS mount that it is hanging on, and unmounting/var is
13 just that last thing showing on the screen?
14
15 I think I'll try manually unmounting that before rebooting the next time
16 I need to(need to update the kernel soon anyway)...
17
18 I do know the last few times this has happened, the NFS mount was
19 'unavailable' (the device had powered down without first unmounting it
20 from the server)...
21
22 I hope that is all it is...
23