From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] best CAD app for industrial machining/molding?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 03:33:44
1 Have a look at FreeCAD. Not the best cad app in the world,
2 but imho it reached the point when it can be quite usable.
3
4 Jarry
5
6 On 19-Apr-21 4:47, caveman رجل الكهف 穴居人 wrote:
7 > hi.
8 >
9 > i want to design complex shapes, and then
10 > send them to some manufacturers. so my
11 > drawings need to be very accurate, and
12 > compatible with the manufacturers.
13 >
14 > plus, it would be nice to have the ability
15 > of being able to test how structurally
16 > strong my design is. e.g. how well it
17 > supports loads, and where are the pressured
18 > points, etc.
19 >
20 > a piece of extra information in case it helps:
21 > my 1st project has to do with car parts.
22 >
23 > thoughts on what to use? should i use
24 > autocad? else? how should i think? any
25 > tips?
26 >
27 > notes:
28 >
29 > - i'm on linux.
30 > - i'm not a very RMS-moral person.
31 >
32 > rgrds,
33 > cm.
39 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
40 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.