From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot completely shut down my system from command line
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 01:02:06
1 on Tuesday 06/02/2009 James Ausmus(james.ausmus@×××××.com) wrote
2 > 2009/6/2 John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
3 >
4 > > on Tuesday 06/02/2009 Sebastian G nther(samson@××××××××××××××××.de) wrote
5 > > > * John covici (covici@××××××××××.com) [02.06.09 09:24]:
6 > > > > Hi. I am running unstable gentoo and baselayout2, however when I
7 > > > > shutdown my system with something like shutdown -r now -- it gets into
8 > > > > a state where it says
9 > > > > init: no more processes in this run level, but it never will restart
10 > > > > or shutdown if I use -h. How in the heck do I even debug such a thing
11 > > > > or fix?
12 > > > >
13 > > > > Thanks in advance for any good ideas.
14 > > > >
15 > > >
16 > > > Did you enable ACPI in your kernel configuration?
17 > > Yep.
20 > Make sure
21 > CONFIG_ACPI_BUTTON
22 > is enabled in your kernel config (for menuconfig, under Power Management &
23 > ACPI -> ACPI Support -> Button) - without this, Linux can't auto-shut-off
24 > your system.
25 Its a module, not built-in. But even shutdown -r now does not work as
26 I get the message mentioned above and the computer hangs there
27 forever.
30 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
31 How do
32 you spend it?
33
34 John Covici