From: dimOK Seletski <drjoms@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Welcome to gentoo-user@gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:15:36
1 hi guys, i have never done any posts before, so i am really unexperienced(a
2 maillist virgin? ;) however, i have problem, more than one, like rest of
3 us...
4 But problem i would like you to help me with is somehow related to gentoo,
5 and particulary to gnome.
6 I am not good at searching information, but i tryed my best to find anything
7 related to my problem.
8 The problem is, i use gdm(yeah!!! usually i start it manually, i am too lazy
9 to add it into loading processes) and i try to load my gnome(yeaaah!!), but
10 i can't load it(booo!!!!), it simply hangs after i see a window which shows
11 progress of gnome being loading(none of icons appear, boo!!!). Steps made:
12 upgraded to current version(--sync is 2 days old), upraded to experemental
13 version, upgraded X to current version(2 days old). I have deleted Gnome
14 configuration files from users directory still does not load(boo!!!!),
15 "custom choice" is loading(it looks a lot like clean X enviroment to me),
16 but thats it(it did load before too). No mistakes in X output, so i am
17 pretty confident it`s gnome, any ideas?
18 In advance thanks for any reply.
19 P.S. if it is of any help: clocks applet caused problems before major
20 problems started, not major problems, but who knows, may be it is somehow
21 related...