From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] suppressing the 'would you like to add --pretend' prompt when using emerge --ask
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 17:57:48
1 I too often forget to use sudo along with emerge --ask, which gets me
2 a prompt to add --pretend to the options, e.g.
3
4 $ emerge -a firefox
5 This action requires superuser access...
6 Would you like to add --pretend to options? [Yes/No] n
7 $ doh
8 Password:
9
10 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
11
12 Calculating dependencies /... done!
13
14 ( 'doh' is an alias for 'sudo $(history -p \!\!)' )
15
16 I never want to add --pretend to the options; if I've used --ask,
17 I also meant to use sudo. I've looked through the documentation and
18 couldn't find a way to stop emerge from prompting me about --pretend,
19 so now I'm asking you if I've overlooked a way.