From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [TOT: Total offtopic]
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 02:14:49
1 On 04/01 04:24, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2018-04-01 12:04, Taiidan@×××.com wrote:
3 >
4 > > If you are unable to fix it yourself (but I think you can :D) Unicomp
5 > > offers parts and repairs for Model M's (along with their kentucky usa
6 > > made Model M's - they use the original tooling)
7 >
8 > I have owned Unicomp keyboards, and those made after a certain time, I
9 > think about 7 years ago, are _nothing like_ the real thing. And I can
10 > tell the difference because I'm typing on the real thing now, having
11 > found one in a yard sale for free :-)
12
13 Lucky you! :)
14 Do you have experience in removing the steel back plate from the
15 keyboard and later add it back with screws fixing the whole thing
16 instead of the rivets, which needs to be removed for this?
17
18 It is very very sad, that these wonderful keyboards are nor longer
19 built with the same quality and feel of use. They are so great!
20
21 There are some things in technology (ad not only there) that were
22 done right just with the first attempt. Sweet spots in time they are.
25 Cheers
26 Meino
31 > --
32 > Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
33 > if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
34 > To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
35 > which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.