From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] amd Athlon 64 x2 install cpu?
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 04:51:54
1 On Saturday 02 December 2006 05:04, James wrote:
2 > Im using the livecd amd64 to install a new AMD ATholon 64 x2 Dual-Core
3 > based system. I'm at the processor selection and stumped by the lack of
4 > choices.
5 >
6 > My amd64 turion laptop uses this option:
7 > CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
8 > CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
9
10 Looks alright.
11
12 > In the current install, I k6, k6-2, k6-3, athlon-xp and athlon-mp
13 > as choices.
14
15 What do you mean? How did you determine those are your choices?
16
17 > Did I burn the wrong liveCD amd64 cd?
18
19 How would we know? You didn't tell us what livecd you've burnt.. :p But really
20 there's a nice handbook for you:
21
22 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml
23
24 And FYI there's a dedicated amd64 mailing list.
27 Bo Andresen