From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange problem with audio CDs
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:06:21
1 Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (Joerg Schilling) writes:
2
3 > pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On 2011-01-13 20:14, J. Roeleveld wrote:
6 >>
7 >> > For the deviations, blame the record companies who still think that people are
8 >> > willing to pay way over the odds for substandard music...
9 >>
10 >> Well, considering IFPI/*AA etc. behaviour I'm thinking of skipping
11 >> buying anything at all; I can live without (use the ones that I have,
12 >> which seems to be standard since I've been able to rip them all to my
13 >> 'puter using cdparanoia).
14 >
15 > You completely missunderstand the purpose and ability of cdparanoia. Cdparanoia
16 > does not implement anything that helps you to read such non-CDs. If you could
17 > read all your CDs so far, you either don't own such intentionally broken media
18 > or there is a workaround in the firmware of your drive already.
19
20 I think pk wanted to point that, as cdparanoia read the disks, that
21 means they probably are CDs.
24 Nuno J. Silva
25 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg