From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Loading programs at X startup
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:43:58
1 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
2 > 1st question: I'd like to know how to run at X.org startup some apps, like
3 > (~/.bashrc) at bash login. I'd like to run, for example, xcompmgr -c at
4 > X.org startup always, or other programs, and I'd like to know if there is
5 > kind of file where the programs to be runned at startup can be introduced.
6
7 Depends on how you start X. If you use the 'startx' command, put them
8 in ~/.xinitrc. If you log in through xdm, put them in ~/.xsession.
9
10 > 2nd question: I'd like to know if there is some way of executing a window
11 > at X.org startup (for logging in, AND IS NOT xdm, gdm or kdm). There is a
12 > server with user accounts, if it logs in with "local_user" via xdm, gdm or
13 > kdm it should open up a dialog where the user must log in (it will check
14 > that databse) to access her/his system. In the case that the log in
15 > failed, it should reload xdm, gdm or kdm (say /etc/init.d/xdm restart).
16
17 Don't know, sorry. Why would you want them to have to enter their
18 uname/pw *twice* just to log in, though?
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list