From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:25:57
1 On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr> wrote:
2 > The 17/02/14, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >> It depends; right now you can't switch back and forth between OpenRC
5 >> and systemd without reemerging some stuff.
6 >
7 > Interesting. Didn't know that. What packages need to be recompiled?
8
9 Some packages need to be emerged with USE="-systemd" when going from
10 systemd to OpenRC, and with USE="systemd" the other way around.
11 Different code paths are selected in each case.
12
13 As I said before, the code paths could be chosen at run time, but I
14 don't think any upstream will accept patches supporting this, or think
15 that they are useful
16
17 > BTW, respect for your patience in this thread!
18
19 Thanks; I've been on the list since 2002, so I think I can say that
20 this thread has been actually pretty civil and technically oriented
21 (except for a couple of trolls).
22
23 Regards.
24 --