From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kind of sample player?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 09:37:20
1 On Monday, 15 June 2020 09:10:21 BST tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Trying to express what I am searching for:
5 >
6 > I have some samples of instruments play one or only a few tones.
7 > For each there is one sample per tone.
8 >
9 > I am looking for a software, with which I can play these samples
10 > controlled by a midi keyboard. The samples should be played
11 > in a way, that dynamic of the key and pitch are respected (therefore the
12 > sample need to be modified on-the-fly).
13 >
14 > Unfortunately I am neither a musician nor a native language speaker...
15 >
16 > The only one I found in portage is 'linuxsampler', which fails to
17 > compile with a lot of "deprecated" messages.
18 >
19 > Is there any other software, which may be appropiate for this purpose
20 > in portage?
21 >
22 > Cheers!
23 > Meino
24
25 I'm none the wiser on terminology and my music knowledge is purely analogue,
26 but have you looked at Rosegarden to see if it will do what you need? It's in
27 portage and compiles fine here.
28
29 https://rosegardenmusic.com/