From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Tip: Firefox: Mouse Wheel Left/Right for History
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:53:15
1 Hello,
2
3 Just ran across a nifty trick for firefox, and wanted to get it on the
4 list, as well as searched by search engines. Hope this is useful.
5
6 I enabled my mouse wheels left-right functionality, however, it was
7 reversed to xorg. So I flipped it in xorgs config.
8
9 Seamonkey got it right somehow, left-tilt of the wheel meant back in
10 history, right-tilt meant forward in history.
11
12 Firefox, however, needed some help. First off, firefox is set to scroll
13 left/right on a page (such as an image/page larger than your screen) by
14 default, which is what you'd expect.
15
16 But how often do you need to do that? Myself, not often. To get firefox
17 to use the tilt as back/forward (left/right respectively) to do history
18 like seamonkey, you have to dive into about:config , but it's very easy.
19 The changes take effect immediately, no restarting needed.
20
21 Change the following values like so:
22
23 1) mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action int 2
24
25 If you find that left takes you forward in history, and right takes you
26 backwards in history, reverse the action. This is likely if you had to
27 reverse the behavior in xorg. Set these two as shown:
28
29 2) mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.numlines int -1
30 3) mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.sysnumlines bool false
31
32 -- Fieldy
33 --
34 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list