From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge gone--can I use a tbz?
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 21:12:44
1 On Sat, Mar 26 2011, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:24:29 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >
5 >> I do have buildsyspkg so have many versions of portage as tbz files.
6 >> But emerge won't install it (again, just returns).
7 >>
8 >> Can I do something analogous to an untar on one of the portage files?
9 >
10 > tar xf package-tbz -C /
11 >
12 > Ignore the warnings about metadata, but re-emerge the package as soon as
13 > you can to stop portage getting confused.
14
15 That is what I hoped. It does now seem that I was bitten by the python
16 update. Having executed eselect python set 1 has help considerably.
17 When the current update world completes, I will try python-updater and
18 hopefully all will be well.
19
20 But thanks for the tip it is nice to know that I do have two
21 recourses (the untar and qmerge) in case emerge dies.
22
23 thank you all again.
24 allan