From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Laptop: 2 problems
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:28:27
1 On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:26:28 +0000 Thierry de Coulon
2 <tcoulon@××××××××.ch> wrote:
3 > On Thursday, 26 January 2006 22:34, Renat Golubchyk wrote:
4 > > Hi!
5 > >
6 > > From the manpage:
7 > > domainname - show or set the system's NIS/YP domain name
8 > > dnsdomainname - show the system's DNS domain name
9 > > nisdomainname - show or set system's NIS/YP domain name
10 > > ypdomainname - show or set the system's NIS/YP domain name
11 > > Notice the difference between the first two lines? ;-)
12 > Well, no this does no seem to work. setting DOMAINNAME= doesn't
13 > change anything (and the handbook says I should set the DNSDOMAIN
14 > variable).
15
16 I meant you should run dnsdomainname and not domainname if you want to
17 see whether DNSDOMAIN is set ;-)
18
19 Cheers,
20 Renat
23 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
24 durch die sie entstanden sind.
25 (Einstein)