From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wwong's fvwm2rc
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:50:10
1 On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 01:48:51PM -0700, Penguin Lover maxim wexler squawked:
2 > Thanks Willie,
3 >
4 > I lost the original post(oops!).
5 >
6 > I haven't tried it yet. On your site it says I'll have
7 > to scroll the mouse to see the whole desktop? Can that
8 > be turned off without screwing everything else up?
9
10 Look at config.fvwm2rc
11 DeskTopSize sets the size of the virtual desktop.
12 If you set it to 1x1 then each desktop would be the size of your
13 physical screen. (You would still have, theoretically infinite,
14 practically limited by your amount of ram, numbers of desktops)
15
16 If you do that, you can also turn off EdgeScroll.
17
18 also, if you'd prefer a 3x1 virtual desktop, but have the behaviour
19 that moving mouse to edge would squish an entire desktop over, you can
20 just change the values for EdgeScroll to reflect that.
21
22 W
23 --
24 There was a man in a nuthouse who constantly scared off all the newcomers with
25 a menacing smile and the dreadful-sounding phrase, "I differentiate you! I
26 differentiate you!"--invariably the newcomer would cower in the corner and stay
27 far away from the man. However, one day another man came in and confronted the
28 first man. Of course, the first began yelling at the newcomer, "I differentiate
29 you! I differentiate you!" But it had no effect on the newcomer. The man yelled
30 "I differentiate you!" several times to no avail. Finally, he broke down in
31 tears. "Why, why?!?" he asked.
32
33 The second man stated simply, "I'm e^x."
34 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 3 days, 5:19
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list